26 August 2010

Gym Sessions

Today i finished another grueling session in the gym.

We all know the situation, Too much muscle will slow down runners and not enough will likely lead to a runner having an injury due to muscle imbalance.

I'm not looking to be a professional athlete nor am I looking to give myself a serious injury so I look for a balance.

Here are my workout sessions my trainer gets me to do. Most of them involve 3 sets with 8 reps per set. The first set should be in your comfortable zone, second set should be in your hard zone while the final, you should be fatigued a.k.a Failure.

You can click on the a particular workout below. This will open a new tab that will show the correct way to perform the workout. Videos located on YouTube.

Lower Body

Cardio machines 10min to warm up leg muscles
Leg Press Machine 3 sets by 8 reps
Leg Extension Machine 3 sets by 8 reps
Leg Curl Machine 3 sets by 8 reps
Barbell Squats 3 sets by 8 reps
Cable Crossover I only use one section, similar workout only longer
One legged Dumbbell Calf Raises 3 sets by 8 reps
Medicine Ball Oblique Twists 2 sets by 30 reps


UPPER BODY



Rower machine 10 minute warm up
Bench Press 3 sets by 8 reps
T-Bar Row 3 sets by 8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Fly 3 sets by 8 reps
Reverse Lat Pulldown 3 sets by 8 reps
Incline Dumbbell Curls 3 sets by 8 reps
Tricep Curls 3 sets by 8 reps
Tricep Dips 3 sets by 15 reps


I always do my stretches just after a warm up and after my workout. I'll post some of my stretches on later date with an issue of how stretching is important.

No comments:

Post a Comment