09 June 2011

Topic Thursday: Stretching

One thing lately i was leaving out on my runs was my pre-run and post run stretches.  With more runs coming my way and more frequent I have decided that I'm going to make it an important part of my routine. I have plenty of time usually for running, it shouldn't be that hard to find 5 Min's before and after a workout.

So the obviously reason for stretching is to prevent injuries from occurring.  Stretching improves our circulation. Helps to relax the muscles and gives them more flexibility which in turn leads to better posture. 

You should be careful about how you stretch. If not done properly, stretching can actually cause injury rather than prevent it. 

Below is a good video that demonstrates a series of important stretches and the correct technique in doing them.




No comments:

Post a Comment